ESG Vision and Approach
We approach our ESG responsibilities through a focus on 6 key priorities where we can have most impact and will be able to actively drive positive change, whilst building on our existing values:
- Achieving Net Zero Operations (primarily through our actions but acknowledging that initially we will need to use carbon credits to offset residual emissions)
- Helping Customers to become more ‘green’ by improving the EPC ratings of their property
- Partnering with the community and fostering a culture in our organisation which reflects the Vida Values
- Being a socially responsible business
- Effecting responsible decision making across the business
- Being Diverse and Inclusive within our organisation
- We ensure that equal priority is given to each of the Environmental, Social and Governance aspects in our ESG Plan; the interplay between all 3 being critical to ensuring achievement of our goals. We believe that no one element is more important than another.
We encourage our people to volunteer by giving one day of paid leave to everyone to enable them to volunteer during work hours. Employees can choose to use their volunteering time to support a charity or community group of their own choice and the firm aims for at least 20% of employees to take up the volunteering day.
We have partnered up with the charity Crisis and committed to donate £150k over a 3 year period and over and above fundraising, we are raising awareness of homelessness and support Crisis in achieving their ambitions to end homelessness.
We also continue to support local community around our head office in Staines-upon-Thames through our connection with MidasPlus. MidasPlus supports individuals with physical or learning difficulties who are suffering financial hardship and demonstrate a need that cannot be fulfilled elsewhere.