Belmont Green provide mortgage solutions through its “Vida Homeloans” brand for Buy to Let and residential borrowers who find themselves underserved elsewhere. Our borrowers range from Buy to Let investors, to the self-employed and customers with multiple jobs. We know that life is never a straight line. That’s why we believe in second chances. Working exclusively with intermediary partners, we combine cutting-edge technology with skilled and caring people to solve complex customer problems and help everyone find a safe place to call home. People are at the heart of our business, and we work hard to create a positive and engaging working environment centred around our vision, mission, and values.
With three offices in Staines, London, and Skipton, we bring teams together regularly to collaborate but empower our colleagues to have more choice around when and where they work on the days they are not in the office, with colleagues working remotely in various locations across the UK.
Our values lie at the heart of everything we do and provide a frame of reference for the behaviour we expect to see in our people every day. Refreshed in 2020, we look for these qualities when hiring new talent into the organisation, and they underpin our approach to personal development and performance management for all our people. We are:
Visionary - We innovate and break old habits, thinking big and pushing boundaries together as one team
Inclusive - We value each other’s differences and work to see people for who they really are
Dynamic - We are flexible and fast, cutting through complexity and never accepting second best
Authentic - We are honest and genuine, what you see is what you get
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Significant experience of IFRS 9 modelling, including macroeconomic modelling as well as, PD, EAD and LGD.
- Significant experience developing and/or monitoring application and behavioural scorecards.
- Knowledge of advance programming in SAS is essential. Knowledge of Python and/or R and their applications would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in manipulation of large data sets and excellent understanding of risk related data.
- High level of analytical and technical skill.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Positive 'can do' attitude, and ability to meet deadlines.
The location for this role is London / Hybrid with the long term expectation of 2-3 days in the office per week.
Model Risk is an expert risk management function supporting BGFL with all aspects of model risk. The team actively manages a wide range of risk models ranging from credit risk, finance, treasury and operations.
This hands-on Senior Quantitative Specialist position offers the opportunity to use your quantitative modelling skills in the design, build, implementation and monitoring of risk models. It also provides opportunity to validate new and review existing risk models. This is a key role within the model risk function and it will give you exposure to presenting results in several committees and developing relationships with senior stakeholders across the business.
As an BGFL employee, you will have access to a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Belmont Green and Vida offers comprehensive benefits package to support our employees’ professional and personal needs, these are:
• Agile Working
• Annual Bonus - (company and personal performance related)
• Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave rising to 28 days (1 extra day per full year worked)
• Buy Annual Leave - Up to a maximum of 5 days annual leave can be purchased and will be provided interest free
• Birthday - We provide staff their birthday off to celebrate in style following 6 months’ service
• Vitality - Private Medical (Single cover) with Vitality as a ‘Benefit in Kind’ including discounts and health incentives
• Health MOT - Annual health checks with Vitality representative
• Season Ticket Loan - We understand that some staff will need to rely on public transport in order to attend their work location. This benefit is intended to help staff cover the costs of a season ticket.
• Company Pension
• Life Assurance - Offering 4 x basic salary
• Car Parking - Free parking at Staines and Skipton offices
• Education and Further Learning
• Employee Referral Incentive Scheme
Only the following file extensions allowed: png, gif, jpg, jpeg doc, docx, pdf pages, pptx