Belmont Green provide mortgage solutions through its “Vida Homeloans” brand for Buy to Let and residential borrowers who find themselves underserved elsewhere. Our borrowers range from Buy to Let investors, to the self-employed and customers with multiple jobs. We know that life is never a straight line. That’s why we believe in second chances. Working exclusively with intermediary partners, we combine cutting-edge technology with skilled and caring people to solve complex customer problems and help everyone find a safe place to call home. People are at the heart of our business, and we work hard to create a positive and engaging working environment centred around our vision, mission, and values.
With three offices in Staines, London, and Skipton, we bring teams together regularly to collaborate but empower our colleagues to have more choice around when and where they work on the days they are not in the office, with colleagues working remotely in various locations across the UK.
Our values lie at the heart of everything we do and provide a frame of reference for the behaviour we expect to see in our people every day. Refreshed in 2020, we look for these qualities when hiring new talent into the organisation, and they underpin our approach to personal development and performance management for all our people. We are:
Visionary - We innovate and break old habits, thinking big and pushing boundaries together as one team
Inclusive - We value each other’s differences and work to see people for who they really are
Dynamic - We are flexible and fast, cutting through complexity and never accepting second best
Authentic - We are honest and genuine, what you see is what you get
The role is part of the New Business Operations function, which sits in the Company’s 1st Line of defence, and is tasked with the development and ongoing maintenance of the Operations function.
- Carry out monthly audits on the output of Residential and Buy-to-let Underwriting teams covering decision making, underwriting, data quality and contact strategy.
- Prepare written reports and recommendations on the results of audits carried out.
- Work with the Underwriting Management team to support with them to form individual development plans, as well as driving the agenda for coaching and training priorities in the department.
- Manage key stakeholder relationship with the Credit Risk team ensuring key goals are shared and oversight function is developed as independent but collaborative in approach.
- To understand and apply all policies applicable to regulatory requirements, lending responsibly, lending guide criteria and fraud prevention.
- Three years’ experience in a Quality Control/Quality Assurance role
- Extensive hands-on experience in underwriting Mortgage applications.
- Knowledge of regulatory rules i.e. MCOB and PRA
- Knowledge of the mortgage market – including owner occupied, private rental sectors.
- Experience of working with Intermediaries and direct customers
- Experience of working to package and assess mortgage applications
- Ability to adapt to change, deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Having a proactive approach, with a keen desire to provide excellent customer service, and delivery for our customers
Belmont Green and Vida offers comprehensive benefits package to support our employees’ professional and personal needs, these are:
• Agile Working
• Annual Bonus - (company and personal performance related)
• Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave rising to 28 days (1 extra day per full year worked)
• Buy Annual Leave - Up to a maximum of 5 days annual leave can be purchased and will be provided interest free
• Birthday - We provide staff their birthday off to celebrate in style following 6 months’ service
• Vitality - Private Medical (Single cover) with Vitality as a ‘Benefit in Kind’ including discounts and health incentivesLife Assurance
• Health MOT - Annual health checks with Vitality representative
• Season Ticket Loan - We understand that some staff will need to rely on public transport in order to attend their work location. This benefit is intended to help staff cover the costs of a season ticket.
• Company Pension
• Life Assurance - Offering 4 x basic salary
• Car Parking - Free parking at Staines and Skipton offices
• Education and Further Learning
• Employee Referral Incentive Scheme
Only the following file extensions allowed: png, gif, jpg, jpeg doc, docx, pdf pages, pptx