Underwrite and decision mortgage applications ensuring you deliver exceptional customer service, whilst complying with all regulatory and conduct risk in adherence to lending policy.
Successfully obtain a lending mandate through our in house training academy in Staines within the set time frames.
Our Underwriters will be manually underwriting residential and buy to let applications through intermediaries, so it is essential to maintain an up to date working knowledge of our products and policies, and assist in implementing changes in line with our risk appetite.
The successful applicant must be able to manage and organise their own pipeline and caseload in line with the priorities of the business.
Underwriters will have to consider mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exists.
Build successful relationships across the business especially within the Credit and Sales functions.
All decisions will need to be made within regulatory standards, aligned with business needs and deliver to the lending risk strategy.
Ensure responsibilities regarding Treating Customers Fairly, the Prevention of Financial Crime (including AML, identification and reporting of fraud) and responsible lending are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Company’s policies.
* Extensive experience of mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products, marketing approach and processes.
* Manual residential/BTL mortgage underwriting experience and held a lending mandate recently.
* Regulation / Legislation Awareness - Knowledge of the Regulated Financial Services environment.
* Demonstrable understanding of TCF, responsible lending and regulatory knowledge.
* CeMap qualified or industry equivalent – desirable but not essential.
* Able to demonstrate a proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also a team player.
* Competitive Salary
* Holidays starting at 25 Days (increasing each year of service up to 28 Days)
* Private Healthcare (Currently with Vitality)
* Life Assurance (4 x Basic Salary)
* Pension Scheme (Employer contributes up to 10%)
* Free Car Parking
* Annual Bonus Scheme
* Subsidised local amenities in Staines
* Employee Recognition Scheme linked to our Company Values
Only the following file extensions allowed: png, gif, jpg, jpeg doc, docx, pdf pages, pptx